Thursday, July 25, 2013

Making Crafts That Will Sell

Did you get into crafting and card making or even scrapbooking because you loved being creative? For me crafting was a creative outlet but it was more of a de-stresser, if that's even a word. I relaxed with crafts but I soon realized I could probably make others happy with my creations and even make a little money too. So there I was cranking out scrapbook pages and cards and other crafty items only to have a few people interested.  So, here's a tip to sell your goods. Go with what's popular with kids at the moment. For example, when Yo Gabba Gabba was a huge thing with the kiddies, my sister in law commissioned goodie bags from with the characters faces. She could have ordered them but she wanted the bags to be bigger than standard goody bags and wanted them to be unique. I quickly purchased lunch bags In the character colors and began crafting their faces with paper piecing.  The bags were the hit of the party. So, after that long winded testament, here is a pic of my newest endeavor- Minion birthday cards and the Yo Gabba Gabba goody bags too!! These are very popular. Make what's popular and you can do well with your crafting business.  Stay tuned for a tutorial on the minion cards on my Youtube channel soon!



2 comments: